Friday, July 30, 2010

My Little Prince Turns 1!

Dylan turned 1 on June 24th. When Dylan woke up on his birthday, he was so excited to see what Daddy had snuck in the night before...Dave brought home a ton of balloons that filled the ceiling in his playroom.

We were so lucky to have my mom (aka Bubbe) fly into town and stay with us for the big birthday party. It was great to have her here to help. We had a big shopping trip in order to get all the things we would need to prepare for the event.

Dylan LOVED the shopping trip (or just slept through the whole thing). And yes, that is him laying in the cart. Good thing I had an extra big blankie for him to lay on.



Back at the house we started preparing for the party. Dylan thought that the big beach balls were great.


My mom was amazing in keeping Dylan occupied so we could get everything finished.

For the party we rented out a local pool. We had a smaller kiddie pool, but we also were able to use the larger pool which had diving boards and slides. Even the adults had a great time (myself most of all).

As soon as we got home, Dylan wanted to open his gifts and start playing.



The day was perfect! Thank you to all of those who were able to come and share in the celebration of the first year of my little prince's life. What a ride it has been. I can't wait to see what this year will bring...

No comments: