Friday, September 4, 2009

Ashley = Cancer Free!!!



My first night out back on the town will be memorable for many reasons. Some friends from high school planned a night out in celebration of our friend Ashley who beat cancer. I left Dylan with Dave who had invited his dad and a friend over to watch the Rays game. I felt very comfortable leaving knowing there were three people watching over him. I headed to Channelside in Tampa for dinner and then we went to Howl at the Moon. We payed the pianists to write a congratulatory message to Ashley on the mirror (which you can't see in the picture because the woman who had my camera did not back up far enough). But anyhow, it was very sweet and had the whole bar a little emotional as they cheered very loudly for her!! I had a great time and didn't even call to check on the baby once, until I was on my way home.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

How great! My best friend is going through chemo right now... we did a "chemo crawl" through south tampa pubs to celebrate her first step toward "kicking cancer's a** ... I can't wait for our "cancer free celebration". I'm so happy for your friend!!